What type of license does Connemara Photo Library offer?
At present Connemara Photo Library offers only Royalty Free Standard License option. Rights Managed and Extended License options may be offered in the future.
What is Royalty Free (RF) Licensing
This license type grants the buyer a determined set of rights to use the image in multiple ways, for a flat, one-time fee. This means you pay for the license only once, and you can use it for an unlimited time within the accepted ways, without any further payment obligations.
Royalty free does not mean copyright free – Connemara Photo Library (Aoife Herriott Photography) retains the copyright to all imagery. You are acquiring the right to use the image (within limitations set out below) not the property of the photo itself.
RF images cannot be purchased exclusively, so it is possible that other clients may have licensed the same image for their campaigns and collateral materials; this should be carefully considered for projects requiring branding and unique design elements.
Every file downloaded from Connemara Photo Library comes with a standard license and your use of content is subject to the standard licensing terms. Connemara Photo Library images are licensed based on file size as laid out below.
Connemara Photo Library image purchase options and permissible uses
Small 1000x665px Restricted to online use only.
Medium 3000x1996px Online and in print material, including but not limited to, newspapers, magazines and books, within usable limitations of the file size.
Large 4800×3194 Print material, including but not limited to, newspapers, magazines, books, signage, home décor, where a larger image is required.
How can I use licensed content?
You may use content in any way that is not restricted. Please make sure you read the Restricted Uses section below for exceptions.
Subject to those restrictions and the rest of the terms of this agreement, the rights granted to you by Connemara Photo Library are:
- Perpetual, meaning there is no expiration or end date on your rights to use the content.
- Non-exclusive, meaning that you do not have exclusive rights to use the content. Connemara Photo Library can license the same content to other customers.
- Unlimited, meaning you can use the content in an unlimited number of projects and in any media with limitations based on file size purchased and further limitations set out in Restricted Uses below.
For purposes of this agreement, “use” means to copy, reproduce, modify, edit, synchronize, perform, display, broadcast, publish, or otherwise make use of.
- No Use in Trademark or Logo.You may not use content (in whole or in part) as the distinctive or distinguishing feature of a trademark, design mark, tradename, business name, service mark, or logo.
- No False Representation of Authorship.You may not falsely represent that you are the original creator of a work that is made up largely of licensed content. For instance, you cannot create a painting based solely on licensed content and claim that you are the author.
- No Products for Resale. You may not use content in connection with any goods or services intended for resale or distribution where the primary value lies in the content itself including, without limitation, cards, stationery items, paper products, calendars, apparel items, posters (printed on paper, canvas, or any other media), DVDs, mobile applications or other items for resale, license or other distribution for profit. This includes “on demand” products (meaning products in which content is selected by a third party for customization on such product on a made-to-order basis), including, without limitation, postcards, mugs, t-shirts, posters and other items.
- No Electronic Templates.You may not use content in electronic or digital templates intended for resale or other distribution (for example, website templates, business card templates, electronic greeting card templates, brochure design templates).
Intellectual property rights
Who owns the content?
All of the licensed content is owned by Aoife Herriott Photography. All rights not expressly granted in this agreement are reserved by Aoife Herriott Photography.
Do I need to include a photo credit?
You do not need to include a photo credit for commercial use, but if you are using content for editorial purposes, you must include the following credit adjacent to the content or in visual production credits: “Connemara Photo Library/Aoife Herriott Photography.”